As of February 15th, 2018
What do I need on registration day?
- Childs health card, birth certificate OR passport (proof of birthday)
- If your child is 13 years of age or older, he/she will be required to sign the OSA waiver - please make sure they are present to do so
- Payment by cash or cheque ONLY!
How often will my child play?
- U4 Development plays once a week (either every Monday or every Wednesday) at 6:00pm for 45minutes to 1 hour.
- U5 to U18 will play twice a week, Monday through Thursday only. Never Friday or weekends (with the exception of U12 to U18 year end tournaments in August).
When does the season begin?
- U4 Development (born in 2014) will begin the first week of June
- U5 to U18 will begin after the May long weekend (weather permitting)
How will I be notified of the first practice?
- Your coach will call just before/after the May long weekend to let you know where and when the first practice will be.
What do I need to supply?
- The registration fee will cover your child full uniform that includes jersey, shorts and socks. All you need to supply are shin pads (mandatory), cleats (running shoes for U4 & U5 is acceptable), optional soccer ball, and water bottle!
How are teams created?
- U4 Development: players are separated by geographical location (south end & north end) and then placed on a team by draw. Maximum amount of players per team is 10.
- U5 to U10: the players are first separated by geographical location (south end & north end) then they are separated by previous year ranking if applicable. They are then randomly placed on a team while keeping balance of their ranking to avoid having a team of more experienced players VS beginners. Team maximum players are 14.
- U12 & U14: players are simply separated by previous year player ranking and then randomly placed on a team while keeping balanced teams. Team maximum players are 18.
- U18: players are welcome to provide a list of 11 players maximum to play together as a team. To ensure this is done, the 11 players must provide their own coach. The list of players with a coach must be submitted by April 1st, and players must be registered by Aprils 1st to ensure their spot on the team. The remaining 7 spots of the 18 rosters are placed by draw.
How are scheduled created?
- U4 Development have a dedicated time slots; Mondays & Wednesday at 6:00pm. South end teams will play one night and north end teams will play the other. Field location is Rotary Club Field (subject to change).
- U5 to U7 will be assigned the 6:00pm time slots. Practices will always be in your end of town whereas games will be divided evenly between south end and north end fields.
- U8 & U10 will be assigned the 7:30pm time slots. Practices will always be in your end of town whereas games will be divided evenly between south end and north end fields.
- U12 to U18 will be assigned either 6:00pm or 7:30pm time slots. Practices and games could be scheduled for any south end or north end field.
- SCHEDULES ARE NOT MADE TILL MAY - we do not know exactly when or where your child will play.
Can we request a teammate?
- U4 to U14: as of our 2016 season we will allow players to request to play with ONE FRIEND ONLY. Both players MUST be registered in the same age division and cross-reference each other on their registration form i.e. Sarah Smith and Melissa Thompson want to play together, than Sarah must indicate “MELISSA THOMPSON” on her registration form AND Melissa must indicate “SARAH SMITH” on hers. If you request more than one friend, your request will be voided. If you do not cross-reference each other, your request will be voided. There is NO GUARANTEE that all requests will be met.
How do siblings work?
- If your children are in the same division they will automatically be placed on the same team.
- If your children are in different age division, then they may have schedules that conflict.
How do we know if our practice/game is cancelled?
- All cancellations will be posted on our website and Facebook page by 4:30pm daily. If nothing is posted, then there have been NO cancellations.
- In the event of lightning, the referee will call the game.
Can we change teams?
- Unfortunately no, once the teams have been created they cannot be altered.
Can we get a refund?
- There are no refunds unless medical reasons at which a doctor’s note is required.
Created by: undefined -- Last updated:Feb 15, 2018